Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Inspirations

A few key things inspire me while creating a thought of design. I am inspired by old Japanese culture, music culture, and 1940's pin up girl figures.

The Japanese culture has inspired me through the years to use its influence while designing. I love the red, black, and white color pallette that is used. I look to old photography taken in Japan. I love to be inspired by the nature of Japan as in cherry blossoms and fig trees. I love the culture of the Geisha so I try to incorporate the kimona style into anything that I design. The elegance of the geishas inspires me to create styles that support the female body ie. curves and so on.







Music is a big part of my life so I definatly make it my business to know what is happening in the music scene. Everything from plaids to chains..music from old school rock to metal music. Anything that carries a beat I want to create a design for. I keep current on current trends on the street at music venues and keep an eye on fashions sported at concerts.



My last influence I have is the 1940's. I love the red lipstick pin up hair style. The rise of the modern woman of the time inspires me. The look of being put together even through times of war inspires me to create fashion that supports this idea. To create clothing that caters to the woman's body and makes her feel confident even in times of great struggle.

1 comment:

Professor Sanghvi said...

Those are some very interesting influences. I think it would make some very pretty clothes.

Music, culture and nature - all make a great mix for some fashion inspiration.