Thursday, March 19, 2009

Location, Location, Location!

The real reason for a companies success to me is the location of the store. What's a store without a location? If you don't have people, you don't have a store. RCS was learning the positive affects of location for a retail store, and it made me think of stores that I regularly go to. I asked myself why do I go to this one instead of another? Do I do this subconsciously? Then it hit me. It really is all about the LOCATION!

A store that I regularly go to is Walgreen's. I do not have any ties that would make it a deciding factor that I would drive just to a Walgreen's. This particular Walgreen's is right next to a CVS, which is equivalent. I really asked myself why I choose Walgreen's rather than the CVS? I could definatly understand why after thinking about it.

First, there are two ways of exiting the store unlike CVS which is a terror to get into let alone get out of. I didn't think this was such a big deal but Walgreen's is right next to a stop light which allows me to turn right rather than trying to have an accident by trying to dart across traffic like CVS.

Second, Walgreen's is so convenient for me to go to because it is close by. I like to be able to walk down the street to pick up a magazine if I wanted to. I like the option of the cross walk right by Walgreen's. I find this more of a safety aspect.

Third, I think Walgreen's has more selection and variety. I like the layout of the store. It is not overcrowded. I like drive-thru pharmacy as well. This is a major plus for me! Very convenient!

Retail is really all about location. After thinking about why I shop at the places I do I have come to realize that location is probably the first thing I think of now!

Location Pictures, Images and Photos
Photo By: Photobucket.com

No comments: