Thursday, September 4, 2008

Favorite Designer

My favorite designer hands down would have to be Betsey Johnson. Her whimsical inspired designs have always caught my eye instantly. Ms. Johnson's creations are right out of a story book, this might be because she was enrolled in dance classes through her childhood which inspired her love of coustumes. I love the way she takes her love of dance and interprets it in fashion. Everything from tutus to fitted blazers, Betsey Johnson's clothing brings the fun out in fashion! Ms. Johnson's choice of colors are bright and brillant but the color scheme always has an edge either by adding broaches or colorful embroidry. Her funky but classy style inspires me as a fashion student. I love the un-expectedness of her work and the creative touch she personally gives to each piece. I am always looking forward to her new creations each season. Not only does Betsey Johnson have her own fashion line, she also has a new line of handbags and a designer fragrance. This multi-talented designer is my favorite designer because of her eye for uniqueness and edge.



Here is the fabulous Betsey Johnson



Yellow dress, Betsey Johnson (tutu inspired)

No comments: